Thursday, February 5, 2009

Marching into my deadlines...it's February

While I'm working on this year's valentine, and waiting for my Zazzle stamps to be delivered, I'll post some valentine's from years past...in 2004 I had a local chocolatier mold me some Love Letters chocolate letters! I mean chocolate bars...and chocolate business cards! The chocolate bars were white, dark and swirled, but apparently not the best chocolate in the world...but they looked so wonderful...
In 2007 I decorated paste paper with white gesso to colorize the surface, and folded the pieces in half so the designs were symmetrical. I "built" these little architectural doorways or gates and worked letters into the designs (mostly L O V E) and called the series "Building the House of Love". I handmade about 40 of these, and made color copies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment